How do I change the login subdomain

richt
richt
Community Member

We picked a bad subdomain when we started with this, is there anyway to change it. That is, we login to myfamily.1password.com and want to change it to hisfamily.1password.com How do we do that. In the settings, I can change the login name and the "family name", but I can't figure out how to change the subdomain and it is confusing my "family". Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@richt - when we first launched 1Password Families, it was essentially akin to 1Password Teams, but with some of the more-advanced features not present. If you signed up during that time, you would've been allowed to choose your own subdomain name for the account (chosenname.1password.com), just like businesses/teams did. A while back, however, we changed things around so that now only businesses get their own subdomains; individual and 1Password Families accounts all us https://my.1password.com. And, for users who got one of the custom subdomain accounts (for example, if yours was https://richt.1password.com), you are now no longer able to change that, if it's a 1Password Families account.

If you've got one of the newer 1Password Families accounts (meaning: if you sign in at my.1password.com instead of [username].1password.com), then you never had this ability. Not sure that's the answer you were looking for, but that's the state of things at present.

• Dan_The_Umbrella_Man
    Dan_The_Umbrella_Man
    Community Member

I have one of the "older" accounts and I login using a username. Can I change the Username?

• Hi @Dan_The_Umbrella_Man

At this time the only way to change that would be to sign up for a new membership account and migrate everyone over. If you were to do that you'd use the my.1password.com sign-in address instead of a custom one. It is no longer possible to pick or further customize the sign-in address of a 1Password Families membership.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.