Want to transfer my vaults in 1Password Pro 7.3.2 from iPhone 7 to Galaxy S10+. Best way?

wstarron
wstarron
Community Member

I have one vault in my 1Password Pro version 7.3.2 on my iPhone 7. I will soon be moving to Android with a Galaxy S10+. I'd like to transfer my vault with all my passwords over to the new phone. Can Android pull from iCloud? Should I back up my vault to Dropbox or somewhere else first? Do I have to convert the vault in order to access it in Android?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Moving 1Password Pro 7.3.2 from iPhone to Galaxy s10+

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wstarron: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! iCloud is not available on Android. You could use Dropbox, but I'd recommend a 1Password membership because it's not only easier -- you simply sign in on a new device to access the data in your account -- but because it also includes all apps and updates, so you wouldn't need to purchase each version separately. If you follow this guide, that will take you through signing up, migrating your data on your iPhone, and setting up the rest of your devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• wstarron
    wstarron
    Community Member

Appreciate the help Brenty! Didn't think it would be possible to pull from iCloud from an Android device, and with the issues I've read on this forum regarding Dropbox I was hoping there was an alternative. Looks like I'll be getting a membership to provide for future upgrading insurance!

• Thanks for the update! If you have any trouble switching over, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.