Having Problem getting Edge browser Extensions to work, Local PC valut available in Browsers

Louiselovesapps
Louiselovesapps
Community Member
edited June 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I just changed from standalone 4 to Subscription 7. I am having some bumps in the road. I downloaded the newest windows app. I established an account & the data was converted. There is a family vault, a private vault, a shared vault & a "On this PC" Vault. (I did nothing to create these vaults - they were part of setup) The "On this PC" vault has all my passwords, with a equal number of passwords in the trash folder of that vault.

I Installed 1Password X on Firefox & Chrome. On Firefox & Chrome the mini popup cannot see the vault "On this PC", and the Edge Extension does not work - it appears but left clicking it has no result except the lock icon moving slightly, and right clicking gives the options "Show Next Address Bar", "Manage", and "1Password".

I would like to get everything configured and working before I introduce this change to the family. Can you please help?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 7.2.583
OS Version: Windows 10 - 64bit - Latest
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Louiselovesapps!

I Installed 1Password X on Firefox & Chrome. On Firefox & Chrome the mini popup cannot see the vault "On this PC"

This is expected. 1Password X can only see vaults inside a 1Password.com account (in your case, the family vault, the private vault, and the shared vault). If you have other vaults on your PC only, you need to make sure you move those items inside your 1Password account before 1Password X is able to view your data.

In other words, 1Password X can only see data that you see when you login to your account on 1Password.com. Anything that has not been uploaded to your account won't be visible inside 1Password X.

and the Edge Extension does not work - it appears but left clicking it has no result except the lock icon moving slightly, and right clicking gives the options "Show Next Address Bar", "Manage", and "1Password".

Do you by chance have the old 1Password 4 app also installed on this computer, even while 1Password 7 is running?

• Louiselovesapps
    Louiselovesapps
    Community Member

Thanks for your response!
    Edge Problem solved! I am making this transition as part of getting a new PC. I moved the 1Password 4 keychain over to C Drive (dropbox) make the transition. When I did setup, it was renamed to Legacy keychain, but just the old keychain being in dropbox seemed to confuse the edge browser extebnsion. Moving it elsewhere on C drive solved the problem with Edge extension not opening.

Second problem - Local vault. Is there a way to import my old data directly into a vault? That is what I was trying to do. I have over 1800 items and don't want to move them one by one.

Thanks so much

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Louiselovesapps: Thank you for the update! It's great to hear that Edge is behaving properly again :)

Second problem - Local vault. Is there a way to import my old data directly into a vault? That is what I was trying to do. I have over 1800 items and don't want to move them one by one.

Are this items already in a local vault that is currently added to your 1Password app? If they are, you can move them all at the same time to your 1Password.com account, so you don't have to do this one by one ;)

This discussion has been closed.