To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

master password does not work

Options
asipath
asipath
Community Member

Hi My master password does not work, I have tried everything including typing on a text field and copy pasting and attempting on different devices. (All apple), can you help, I have already purchased membership for a year few months ago

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @asipath! Welcome to the forum! :)

I am sorry to hear about this. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know. In this case we can then transfer the remaining credit to your new account.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

• asipath
    asipath
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I dont have another admin, could I delete the whole thing and start over?,
    also how will that affect billing?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@asipath: thank you for the update. We can certainly help you delete your account and start over. Can you please email us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can help you with this without sharing personal information on the public forum? We will be happy to help you over there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

also how will that affect billing?

If you have an active subscription, we can help you transfer the remaining credit to your new account, so don't worry about that :)

• ag_thom
    Options

@asipath: Thank you for the support email. Just letting you know that I've replied. I've closed this thread so as to not have two different discussions going on at once. :smile: Thanks @ag_ana!

This discussion has been closed.