Store patterns

tlynnjpeg
tlynnjpeg
Community Member

Is there any way to store patterns for unlocking devices like Android phones? Obviously not to use as any sort of autofill, but as a backup. I can't figure out any way other than some creative secure note taking, so I'm hoping there's some other method that's baked in or that other users have found to solve this.

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hey, @tlynnjpeg.

I don't think there's a baked-in way to store patterns in 1Password (beyond what you mention of using a Secure Note) :| If you allow me the suggestion, I wouldn't recommend using a pattern if you care about security. It's recognized as an unsafe way to unlock your devices.

I'm not a 1Pass team member though, so wait for a response from them and have a great weekend!

• tlynnjpeg
    tlynnjpeg
    Community Member

Thanks! I will note, we have patterns only on devices that aren't meant to secure the device from intentional tampering, but just from accidental interaction when the screen is off, because patterns are quicker to enter.

Hopefully some have some good ideas, because it's definitely awkward using the secure notes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tlynnjpeg! Welcome to the forum!

I suppose that you could store patterns as password items, if you "convert" them. For example, if you use the typical 3x3 grid, you could convert each point into a number, and then store the list of numbers inside a Password item, or even a Login item inside 1Password.

• tlynnjpeg
    tlynnjpeg
    Community Member

That's a great idea, actually. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @tlynnjpeg! I am happy to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.