Strange behavior of the 1password browser extension after activating 2fa

Hi,

Since i have activated and setup 2fa to access my 1password.com account, each time i want to use the 1password X browser extension, i'm asked to login to my 1password.com account, and the extension is redictering me to the 1password.com page.

this is happening on all mac laptops i'm using, firefox, chrome.
extension version is 1.15.3

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1.BETA-4 (70301004) 1Passw
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: macos 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:browser extension is asking to login each time i try to use it since 2fa is activated

Comments

• Hi @sgaide,

This is normal after enabling 2FA. You need to sign in once again for 1Password X. 1Password X doesn't have its own sign-in screen so it uses the webapp to authenticate you. You should only need to do this once though. If you're having it happen more than once then that sounds like a bug. Let us know if that's the case and we can dig deeper for you.

Rick

• sgaide
    sgaide
    Community Member

Hi Rick,

well yes the problem is that i'm redirected to the 1password.com page each time i use the extension and it is not yet authenticated, so multiple time a day since the extension locks itself after a few minutes (10 in my case).

i'm about to deactive the 2fa, since this is not usable as is in my case.

Sebastien

• Hi @sgaide

I actually experienced a similar issue myself in a previous version. Disabling and re-enabling TOTP for my 1Password account seemed to resolve the problem. Could you please give that a try? Please note that this will generate a new TOTP secret, so you'll need to update whatever it is you're using to generate the TOTP codes for 1Password.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.