1P won't fill logins on new mac

Just got a new MacBook Pro. 1Password is installed and the browser extensions will call up my logins but when I hit return the logins won't fill.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:help

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danreck - I'm sorry for the trouble! If you have a 1password.com account, is it active (not in Frozen status)? If you are using standalone data, did you remember to apply your standalone license for version 7 -- or might you need to purchase one?

• danreck
    danreck
    Community Member

Hi Lars.

My license should be good. Works on my other Mac, my phone and iPad. On the new Mac I can open and see all logins and I can use the keyboard shortcut to pick the right login for the page I’m on. It just won’t fill when I hit return.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danreck - thanks for the clarification. If you've got your license installed correctly, then the next step would be to restart your Mac (no, really -- this isn't just a stab in the dark). Please give that a try, let us know how it works for you.

• danreck
    danreck
    Community Member

I followed the support instructions before I posted here. I rebooted my mac a number of times, using different steps. I shut it down completely and then restarted. I removed the chrome extension and then restarted the mac and then reinstalled the extension. I deleted the extension, reinstalled the extension and then rebooted. And some other random unsuccessful efforts!

I am working on my other mac now and 1Password works great, as it always has. Frustrating that I can't make it work on my new mac. Thanks for your help. Looking forward to hearing your next suggestion.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danreck - try this for me: choose a website for which you have only one Login item saved in 1Password. Use the keyboard command ⌘\. Let me know if your data is filled in Chrome.

• danreck
    danreck
    Community Member

Hey Lars. That is the problem. That is what does not work. You are right that I was going to pages where I have more than one account and expected to hit the right login and hit return and have it fill. So let me add some further color:

1) Pages with only one login: hit command\ Nothing happens (I tried this on multiple websites where I only have one login)

2) Pages with more than one login: hit command\ 1Password pulls up but I cannot hit return and have it fill. I can, of course, copy out of 1Password into the login screens (I tried this on multiple sites where I have multiple logins)

Again, this is only on the new mac. The old one does not have this issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danreck - hmmm. Do you have "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" checked in Preferences > Browsers?

• danreck
    danreck
    Community Member

Yes, I checked that as well (I think it was mentioned in the forum somewhere. Screenshot attached.

• danreck
    danreck
    Community Member

Yes, I checked that as well (I think it was mentioned in the forum somewhere. Not savvy enough to insert screenshot here, but it looks just like yours minus the dark-mode.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danreck - OK, last attempt before we go to email and a diagnostics report -- do you have any antivirus software or other "internet filtering" software that you might have installed on this Mac, but not the other one? Any other extensions in Chrome? There's no reason why, in a properly-functioning setup, you shouldn't be able to fill your data with either the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ or clicking the mini in either Chrome's menubar or your Mac's menubar and pressing return/enter on the correct item. A

• danreck
    danreck
    Community Member

I just set it up yesterday and it does not have anything different than my other mac. Chrome syncing is on, so it has the identical extensions. Not sure I mentioned this, but it fails in the same way when I use Safari as it does with Chrome.

Both browsers (on both computers) have Ghostery extensions running. That is the only blocking software I have on either. I paused it on my new mac to see if that might be interfering but it made no difference.

• danreck
    danreck
    Community Member

And by the way, this is the first technical trouble I have ever had with 1Password. I have been using it since version 2 or 3 on all my devices and it has always been super reliable.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danreck - I'm glad to hear this is the first "hiccup" you've had. I feel as if I must be forgetting something obvious, but rather than play 20 Questions with you here, to get a better idea of what might be going on/wrong, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#BFV-86358-762]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @danreck only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: BFV-86358-762

• kguess
    kguess
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem, except it's on my iMac on which I just installed 1Password 7 (and installed the OS security update and safari update). Was not having any problems before. I have done all the things @danreck has done and do not have any antivirus software. And this is the first time I've had a problem with 1Password in the many years I've been using it (well over 10).

• danreck
    danreck
    Community Member

It turned out to be a licensing issue. I am still a bit confused, but if I remember correctly, I am not a subscriber via the app store and made the mistake of downloading the app on my new mac via the app store. Lars told me to delete that version and go the 1Password website and download the software from there. I did that, signed in and everything worked correctly again. Not sure if this is your issue, but it fixed mine.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @danreck - and welcome to the forum, @kguess! 1Password 7 for Mac is a brand-new, full version upgrade (well, it was released sixteen months ago, but it's "brand new" in terms of being different from 1Password 6 for Mac or earlier versions!). As such, 1Password 7 for Mac requires either the purchase of a new standalone license from our FastSpring store or a valid 1password.com membership/account. If you've not done one or the other of those things, then that will explain why you can't use the browser extension (or add/delete/edit any of your data). If you look at the main 1Password 7 for Mac window (not the mini/extension), do you see a "Read Only" badge on your items, up near the top right of the window?

This discussion has been closed.