My 1Password.agilekeychain file hasn't changed after adding a new password

Options
kit
kit
Community Member
edited June 2019 in Mac

I've added a new password, but it isn't syncing to another device. I looked at my 1Password.agilekeychain last modified date and it hasn't changed since last year. I can't recall when I switched to v7 but I can't find any files that look like a 1Password data store, but yet my new password is visible in 1Password.

What is going on here?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:not updating

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kit!

If you switched to 1Password 7, you are certainly not using the 1Password.agilekeychain data anymore, so you can ignore that.

Can you please let me know the name of the vault where you have just added this new password? Is it Private, Personal, Primary or something else?

• kit
    kit
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Where do I see that? The vaults tab in preferences lists nothing.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kit - that's definitely not normal. You should always have at least one vault in 1Password for Mac, otherwise it won't work (obviously). Your first post says "...but yet my new password is visible in 1Password." I'm not quite sure what you mean by this (visible where in 1Password? If you don't have a vault present in 1Password, there's nowhere for such a password to be stored, let alone visible). That makes me think you may have multiple copies of 1Password somewhere on your hard drive. To get a better idea what might be going on with your setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#SBI-91623-426]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @kit only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: SBI-91623-426

• kit
    kit
    Community Member
    Options

I'm referring to creating new login items in 1Password and that 1Password had saved it and when I exit 1Password and run it later I can retrieve that or any other item.

I sent the diagnostics output.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kit - yep, I've replied via email, so let's keep the conversation going that way. :)

This discussion has been closed.