How do I add a new field for browser filling?

My banking app asks for a username, password, and then the name of my first school. How do I add a field with the name of my first school so it can be auto filled by 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@spennysimmo - mind letting us know the URL of your bank, so we can test? It can depend on what version of 1Password you're using, whether you're using 1Password X or our regular ("desktop app required") extension, and a number of other factors, but it's impossible to say without seeing what you're seeing.

• spennysimmo
    spennysimmo
    Community Member

Hi Lars

The URL is www.hsbc.co.uk. Then select "Personal" top left and then "Logon" top right. The first thing you are presented with is the screen to enter your username which is stored in 1Password and all is good. Once entered and "Continue" is selected, it takes you to the next page. On this page you have to enter the answer to a pre-defined security question (which is always the same) and also enter a digital key which has to be generated from your mobile phone. It is being able to populate the field with the answer to the security question that I'm not sure how to complete. Perhaps just treat it as a password field?

• spennysimmo
    spennysimmo
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

@lars Actually I have just tried that. I placed the answer to the security question in the password field in 1Password, however when I try and autofill it populates the answer in the field on the page for the digital key and not the field for the answer to the security question,

I am using the desktop version or 1 Password. On my Mac it is version 7.3.1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@spennysimmo:

Unfortunately I won't be able to test this because you cannot even get to that second page there unless you have an account with them, but what you wrote seems to be expected behavior. If on the second web page there is only one password item, and that's the digital key field, 1Password will fill your information in that field instead.

I am wondering if saving your login manually in the browser will help. Have you by chance tried that already?

This discussion has been closed.