Safari button and mini in menubar not working

JDub
JDub
Community Member

Hi. Although the full app (only one in the app folder) works correctly, the browser button rarely works and nor does the mini button the menubar. Any ideas on how to fix? Have restarted and reinstalled. First time in years of use I've had problems like this...

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JDub!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "the browser button rarely works and nor does the mini button the menubar" exactly? What happens when you click on them?

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

I mean clicking either button fail to bring up a window. The hit region highlights to denote a click, but no window appears. This is with both buttons.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the clarification @JDub!

Can you confirm what Safari version you are currently using? Things are working fine for me here and I am using the same 1Password version and macOS version that you are using, so I wonder if we have a difference in the Safari version that could explain this.

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

I'm using Safari Tech Preview R86. I've just found by using Safari 12.1.1 and clicking the 1P button, it then switches to Safari Preview and opens a window...? Mini obviously not affected by any of this though. Thanks for your attention! :)

• @JDub,

You're not going to be able to use 1Password with Safari Tech Preview at this time, in fact all versions of STP after 80 have a flaw that prevents them from working with our extension. We believe the issue will be resolved when Apple ships Safari 13 later this year.

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

Okay, if it's a Safari issue, I'l remove the plugin. Any ideas on 1P Mini in the menubar?

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

Does 1P work with Safari 13 beta as it is now?

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

It seems that it does with Safari 13b - I'm happy with that. :)
    Mini seems to be working again for now. Let's see how that goes...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JDub - it should, yes. One MAJOR caveat to this is that you must be using 1Password 7 for Mac; older versions of 1Password (all of them) will NOT work with Safari 13 (see this article for explanation).

You may experience issues if you have both Safari and STP installed. Because of the way Apple has this set up, 1Password can only work with either STP OR Safari. Set whichever one you like as Default in System Preferences > General, but be aware the other will not work once you do that; if you have STP set in System Preferences as your default and you launch Safari and click the 1Password extension icon to fill a login item on a website, it will switch you to (or launch) STP, or vice-versa.

Regarding the responsiveness of the 1Password mini in your Mac's menubar, there shouldn't be any issues there. If you've been switching default browsers or deleting/re-adding extensions or versions of 1Password, I'd recommend you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then restart your Mac, and see if that makes any difference. Let me know what you discover. :)

• JDub
    JDub
    Community Member

@Lars Yes, I'm using the latest 1P version and noticed the application switch, so set Safari 13b as the default. I've just done some testing and all seems to be well, apart from losing some web history - I can live with that. I'll do a restart if I get any reoccurring troubles - Thanks for your feedback. :chuffed:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.