Password Generator's password doesn't fit into some signup forms

Options

Hi,

Today I tried to save & fill suggested password to a website, but after I submit the form the page said that the password is too long. I couldn't find an easy way to change its settings. Would you consider to add an options button to change generation settings quickly when it suggests a password?

Best Regards

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 1.16.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe - I'm not sure what you mean. I hate it when a Login page only tells you what the site's password restrictions/rules are AFTER you violate them, but 1) we can't change that about the small number of sites that employ this user-hostile behavior and 2) you can change the length of the password you generate right within the generator itself.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I mean sign up page, not login page. When I click a password field it suggest me a generated password and doesn’t provide any option to adjust it. I think you misunderstood the issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe - if you'd like to have adjustability/control over the password, click the 1Password X icon in your browser's toolbar, not the inline menu, then click the large plus button and choose Password Generator. Hope that's helpful. :)

This discussion has been closed.