No Safari Extension

andrewjanjigian
andrewjanjigian
Community Member

Just updated my work machine 1P this morning (auto-update in the app), and there is no Safari extension in the browser. When I go to the app page on the Mac App Store, the download "cloud" is available, but when I run the download, it comes right back. How can I get the extension installed if the app is up to date already?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: none
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @andrewjanjigian!

If you open Safari Preferences and choose the Extensions tab, do you see the 1Password extension enabled there?

• andrewjanjigian
    andrewjanjigian
    Community Member

No sign of it anywhere.

• ScreamingPict
    ScreamingPict
    Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue- I think since the latest update there is no Safari extension appearing in my list of extensions, and as Andrew says trying to download the extension from Apple doesn't work.

• ScreamingPict
    ScreamingPict
    Community Member

Ah- The issue was fixed by uninstalling 1Password and reinstalling (after closing Safari). Details on https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/510352/#Comment_510352

(although I did still have to go into the extensions options in Safari and turn it on). Hope this helps.

• trickyrick62
    trickyrick62
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

I also am experiencing this problem this morning after 1Password 7.3.1 updated itself overnight. When I signed on to my Mac this morning, there was a notification that 7.3.1 had been installed. But there was also a prompt for me to give my Mac password so it could finish. It then proceeded to download (3 different "Downloading" messages showed, one after the other). Then it gave a message that the installation failed after the validation step. I now assume this was a failure of installing the Safari extension for 1Password. After dismissing the messages and rebooting my Mac, the 1Password extension is missing from Preferences in Safari. And all the Support pages I can find for loading the extensions indicate it is installed with the 1Password app, so there is no need to install it separately. So how do I get it installed. Do I really need to uninstall and reinstall 1Password manually using a forum message that is 6 months old? My Mac is up to date with all OS and app updates.

• @ScreamingPict

I'm glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you. :+1: Thanks for sharing.

Ben

• @trickyrick62

You don't have to use the forum post but it does sound like reinstalling may help, and Lars' post does appear to provide comprehensive instructions on doing that.

Ben

• @andrewjanjigian

Could you please try these steps and let us know if that resolves the problem?
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/510352/#Comment_510352

Thanks!

Ben

• trickyrick62
    trickyrick62
    Community Member

I was able to resolve the issue using the link above. Thank you.

• andrewjanjigian
    andrewjanjigian
    Community Member

@ben I'm afraid it did not. I was able to reinstall 1Password fully by deleting the app, but the extension is still not present.

• andrewjanjigian
    andrewjanjigian
    Community Member

@ben - I installed it using the Mac App Store. Should that make a difference?

• Thanks for the update @trickyrick62. Glad to hear that helped. :)

Ben

• @andrewjanjigian

It may very well make a difference. Could you please try following the instructions exactly (installing from our website)?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.