Custom style for autofill menu no longer working

Hi there! I'm working as a tester in a team that's developing a web application/platform and I have a lot of test and demo accounts (30+) for certain URLs. I found the autofill menu to be too small (especially in height) for me so I used another extension (Stylus) to alter its height and width. This saves me some scrolling or typing and makes longer test email addresses easier to read for me.

Since some weeks ago (after a certain update) my custom style doesn't work anymore and I can't seem to fix it myself. Is there a possibility for you to help me out here? That would be greatly appreciated.

My custom style contained the following:

iframe#op-popup {

height: 60% !important;

width: 350px !important;
}

One of the things I tried was trying to add the iframe class to the iframe ID - op-popup.ready - but that didn't work.

I'm using the 1Password X extension for Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nckvdmr
    nckvdmr
    Community Member

OS Version: MS Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763)

• Mitch
    edited July 2019

Hi @nckvdmr,

That's a creative and useful tweak you've come up with. I can see how a more spacious autofill menu would help make your job easier.

Unfortunately it's no longer possible to style the autofill menu with your own CSS. We'd never really intended it to be user-styleable in the first place, but there were too many opportunities for bad actors (ads, malicious sites, etc.) to mess around with the menu, and we had to clamp down a couple releases ago.

If there's a silver lining, it's that we made this change in anticipation of substantial improvements we want to make to the autofill menu. While I don't believe we'll be able to support custom styles, I'd like the menu to be more flexible for use cases like yours. Some ideas that come to mind are allowing you to to set the max number of rows, or choosing between a few preset widths. There are lots of ideas we can explore.

I'll keep your feedback in mind while we work on the autofill menu, and if you have other thoughts about how we can support your workflow I'm all ears.

Cheers,
    Mitch

1Password X Team Lead

• nckvdmr
    nckvdmr
    Community Member

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for your quick and clear reply. It's a pity that my custom CSS doesn't work anymore, but the potential new autofill menu features you've mentioned definitely look exciting to me! That would also do the trick for me. Having some flexibility there would greatly benefit 1P users who have a lot of (demo/test) accounts, like me.

Cheers,
    Nick

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@nckvdmr – I'm glad to hear you're excited about the future of 1Password X. So are we! :)

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

This discussion has been closed.