Is 1Password x available for edge browser?

Options

Latest blog mentions edge but I cannot find the extension.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jgoldsti! Are you referring to the new Chromium-based Edge? If so, you should be able to install the 1Password X Chrome extension by following this link. Let me know if you have any trouble.

• jgoldsti
    jgoldsti
    Community Member
    Options

Got it, I was asking about windows 10 edge...did not know there was another edge

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jgoldsti – Edge recently changed things a bit when they decided to build Edge off of Chromium. That allowed users to install Chrome extensions, which means 1Password X would work in Edge. Alternatively, the 1Password extension (desktop app required) is available in the Edge store here. Could you point out to me where you read about 1Password X in Edge in a recent blog post? I'm not sure if it was our blog you're referring to or not, but I'm curious where you saw it mentioned.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much, @jgoldsti. I believe Dave was referring to the Chromium-based Edge in that blog post. I booted up my VM (since I'm on a Mac) just to see if I could install 1Password in Edge on Windows, but I was told to install Chrome instead. For now, the only extension in the Edge store will be the 1Password extension (desktop app required). If you want to learn more about Microsoft's plans for Edge, you can check out their announcement on the Windows blog from back in December.

• jgoldsti
    jgoldsti
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the link!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Of course! :)

This discussion has been closed.