I cannot install the Safari Extension after 7.3.1 update

WDW
WDW
Community Member

I do not have a 1password extension in Safari after the update to 7.3.1. I tried to install it and it will not install and also stalls on download when trying for a second time. I made sure 1password was not running before trying to install the extension. I also followed the trouble shooting advice to look up~/Library/Safari/Extensions. There were no extensions listed so there was nothing to delete. It is a real pain without the extension installed.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.5
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

By the way, I did restart my computer 3 times.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@WDW: Safari App Extensions cannot be installed by you. Safari loads them itself. What you're doing when you try to "download" it is installing another copy of 1Password from the Mac App Store, which generally isn't going to work and just results in an error (since you already have it installed and running). What you need to do is quit Safari, Quit 1Password Completely (Command Control Option Q), drag any copes of 1Password to the Trash, restart your Mac, and install a fresh copy of 1Password:

https://1password.com/downloads/

When you open Safari, it would load the extension automatically (though you may need to enable it in Safari Preferences > Extensions). If not, you'll need to reach out to Apple for assistance. Let me know how it goes!

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

That worked!

• Glad to hear brenty's advice was helpful. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.