Turn off warning for indentical passwords?

DavidEves
DavidEves
Community Member

I use Microsoft 365. When I use the desktop applications (Word) I have to authenticate using my online ID and password. 1Password very conveniently saves the password for the application.
BUT - since my userid and password are the same for the MS 365 website, I now have entries in 1PW with identical passwords which 1PW points out to me in a big red warning message everytime I need to sign into either the desktop application or the website.

Is there a way to tell 1PW that these two entries are the same for a reason and to please not warn me about them all the time?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301008) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5 (18F132)
Sync Type: Subscription account
Referrer: forum-search:microsoft online

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DavidEves - yep, we're quite aware of this, and we know it's an annoyance for users who have multiple such "duplicated" accounts which are not in reality duplicated. We developed the Reused Password warning because it's one of the most-dangerous practices people have regarding their passwords, and we want to make sure users get a warning when they're (legitimately) re-using passwords.

But by the same token, we also don't want you training yourself to just ignore these warnings because you know they don't apply in your case(s). That would make the entire exercise pointless. We're working on a server-based solution to this issue that will allow users to selectively suppress these warnings, and allow that to work cross-platform (as well as on the 1password.com servers), but we're not quite there yet. Apologies for the inconvenience, and keep your eye on the release notes for upcoming updates for news of this feature. Thanks for your patience. :)

This discussion has been closed.