Helper crashes frequently OSX Brave

Options

My browser is Brave Version 0.66.99 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

These days, I can't fill a password more than once into Brave (3 profiles, 6 windows, 3 spaces) without the Helper crashing.

Neither restarting Brave nor 1Password (via Exit Completely) seems to help.

1Password Version: 7.3.1 (70301008)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Helper crashes frequently OSX Brave

Comments

• Hey @ceich62 👋

I'm sorry about the trouble you're having with Brave and the 1Password extension helper. Since you've already tried the basic troubleshooting steps I'd normally suggest, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#XLR-97489-562]

If you’re reading this and you are not ceich62, this Support ID is for ceich62 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: XLR-97489-562

• ceich62
    ceich62
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. Hasn't recurred yet....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019
    Options

Sounds good. I'm enjoying Brave myself these days too. Just keep in mind that when there's an update pending, you'll need to restart it before it can connect to 1Password again. If 1Password does crash, please make sure you send us the crash report when you reopen it so we can take a look. We're here if you need us. :)

• ceich62
    ceich62
    Community Member
    Options

Just happened again (no pending update for either Brave or 1P). Sent diag report as directed by ag_michaelc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Got it! We'll take a look and continue the conversation via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.