When I upgraded to Mojave I lost my Safari extension and the ability to use autofill.

Adele
Adele
Community Member

I am running 1Password version 7.3.1; Safari Version 12.1.1 and Mojave Version 10.14.5. I cannot download the Safari Extension and I can no longer autofill any websites. I saw where someone else had the same problem but then I lost the thread I was on. Help!!

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I upgraded to Mojave and now my iPassword7 is no longer working.

Comments

• Hi @Adele,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. The Safari extension is no longer a separate download. It does need to be enabled in Safari > Preferences > Extensions, though. If you don't see the 1Password v7.3.1 extension there please try restarting your Mac and then check again.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• Adele
    Adele
    Community Member

Will restart my computer and let you know.

• Sounds good. :)

Ben

• Adele
    Adele
    Community Member

Still not working. No problem signing into my iPassword account but nothing happening. The Safari extension will still not download.

• @Adele

Could you please open Safari and navigate to Safari > Preferences > Extensions? Then please take and post a screenshot of that screen:

▷ How to take a screenshot

Thanks.

Ben

• Adele
    Adele
    Community Member

Here you go. As you can see all I get is the spinning circle. Been doing that since I last messaged you. Very frustrating!!

• Okay. It looks like you clicked on "More Extensions..." after opening Safari > Preferences > Extensions. What I would like to see is the Safari > Preferences > Extensions screen, without clicking on More Extensions. Could you please post a screenshot of that?

Thank you! I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this.

Ben

• Adele
    Adele
    Community Member

Here you go. Thank you for your patience/

• @Adele

Thank you for your patience/

Likewise! I think to resolve this we're going to need to uninstall and reinstall 1Password 7. No need to worry, this will not affect your 1Password data (the data is stored separately from the application).

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    3. Empty the Trash
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    6. Open 1Password
    7. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari > Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    8. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

If you're still having trouble I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/105559/
    • Your forum username: Adele

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Adele
    Adele
    Community Member

Will do. Hopefully it will work. I will let you know.

• Sounds good. :+1:

Ben

• Adele
    Adele
    Community Member

It worked!!! Thank you for all your help.

• You're very welcome. Glad to hear that did the trick. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.