1Password 7 Subscription Only

Options
zenitsky
zenitsky
Community Member

I just downloaded but haven't installed 1Password 7 on my iMac. I am wondering if I install this update I'll be forced to convert to a subscription model. Can standalone subscribers update without paying monthly?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zenitsky

It is possible to use 1Password 7 without a subscription, but you miss out on a number of features without one. 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• zenitsky
    zenitsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben. I am taking a look at the reviews of 1P7.

So far, I am happy with 1P6, but will likely move up in the coming months.

• Ben
    Options

Very good. Please let us know if you have any further questions. :+1:

Ben

• ERmedic
    ERmedic
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to continue using 1 Password but I am not interested in paying a subscription What are my options?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ERmedic,

I'd recommend taking a read through my post, above. To add to that... when you launch 1Password 7 for the first time after installing you'll be presented with a welcome screen. At the bottom of that screen there will be a link that says "need a license? We have those too." Select that and you'll be taken through the process of purchasing a 1Password 7 for Mac license. Please note that licenses do not include upgrades and are valid for one person's use. Licenses are regularly priced at $65 USD + tax, but as of writing are on sale for $50 USD + tax for a limited time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Ben

• ERmedic
    ERmedic
    Community Member
    Options

How can I continue to use 1 Password 6 with Safari. 1 Password no longer shows up in Safari as an extension. I have tried to download and reinstall the extension but it doesn't work.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ERmedic,

What version of macOS and Safari do you have? The reason for asking is we do anticipate that when Apple release macOS 10.15 AKA Catalina sometime in the fall that Safari 13 will also be released, likely with 13 being made available to Mojave and High Sierra as well. Anybody testing a public build of Catalina will be also testing Safari 13. It looks like Safari 13 is dropping support for the older style extensions, the ones from the Safari Extension Gallery and so for 1Password to continue working with Safari 13 it will require at least 1Password 7.2 or newer as 7.2 was the first version where we added support for the newer Safari App Extensions.

If you're still on Safari 12 then the older Safari Extension Gallery 1Password extension should still work and we will need to help troubleshoot what is happening. We'll know better when you can let us know the versions involved.

This discussion has been closed.