Loss of permanence of menu expansion (MacOS 10.14.5, 1Password 7.3.1)

shrimppesto
shrimppesto
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

At some point in the course of recent upgrades, my 1Password client (7.3.1 running on MacOS 10.14.5) stopped remembering which side menus (Watchtower, Categories, Tags) I had expanded in my sidebar. Previous versions had always remembered which side menus were expanded and which were collapsed at last use of the program; the current version does not remember any of this.

Is this a problem w/ my preference .plist files (and if so, help re: troubleshooting), or is this expected behavior in 7.3.1? If it is expected behavior, may I suggest reverting back to having side menus "remember" their expanded/collapsed status from last use?

Edit: I can't seem to isolate when this happens, only that it does at least daily and sometimes more. However, measures like quitting 1Password or logging in/out of MacOS (which presumably quits all of 1P's various and sundry background daemons) does not seem to reliably produce the behavior. It's weird. Anyone else having such an issue?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shrimppesto,

You're not alone and it's just infrequent enough that it's easy to wonder if you're going mad. I've seen it and I've also found an issue filed. The annoying part is we've yet to discover steps to consistently reproduce so we've been unable to pin down where or why this is happening. I will update the issue to confirm we're still seeing reports and I can only hope we eventually spot something.

ref: apple-1582

This discussion has been closed.