Problem with AAA website

Options
rsfinn
rsfinn
Community Member

I've noticed a problem using 1Password with the AAA website (in my case it's the "AAA Club Alliance" reached via midatlantic.aaa.com). I wanted to update my password and used the Safari suggestion, but 1Password wouldn't save the updated password — I had to copy it from Keychain Access and paste it into the 1Password entry. I also found that 1Password wasn't able to enter my login information for me, either when clicking the login button on the page or using "open and fill". It does look to me like the page is programmed atypically, and maybe it's not able to find the username field or identify the password field when it appears (it's not present initially). I noticed someone in the Windows forum recently had an issue with a different AAA site, so maybe there's a correlation there. It's not a big problem but perhaps someone can take a look at the website. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rsfinn! Welcome to the forum!

I was able to fill a login here on the midatlantic.aaa.com, after showing the hidden login form. Can you confirm that you also tried this website in Safari?

I wanted to update my password and used the Safari suggestion

It sounds like you might have Keychain and Safari passwords enabled. We normally recommend disabling it and letting 1Password do its job, so I wonder if this could interfere with the process. Do you see the same behavior even after doing this completely through 1Password, without being helped by Safari?

This discussion has been closed.