1password7 for mac won't accept my master password

Options
JoyW
JoyW
Community Member

I am a new user. I have my browser extension up and running in Chrome. When I try and launch the desktop app (1Password 7), my master password is is failing. I know it's correct. When I try to delete the application to re-install, I get an error that it's open and I can't delete.

Do I need the desktop application?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password7 for mac

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JoyW,

I think the fastest way to resolve this is if we review a diagnostic report. That will hopefully reveal what state the 1Password application is in and what our best move will be. We could resolve it in here in the support forum but it would require asking a number of questions and my thinking is the diagnostic report is easier and quicker on you. If that sounds like a plan this link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• JoyW
    JoyW
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables Thank you . I have created the diagnostic report and sent to support. But I just realized you wanted me to sent to support+forum so I sent to both.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JoyW,

It shouldn't take us too long to locate it and see what the diagnostic report reveals :smile:

This discussion has been closed.