i want to copy single items i changed on my Iphone manually to my mainvault om Mac

Options
vangen
vangen
Community Member

I have no online account with 1 password so i just want to o this manually. I can not get my 1password for mac to import the .txt files i create. Which format to use? And how do i do it in 1 password when i have exported these files to a map on my mac

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: map on mac
Referrer: forum-search:import txt

Comments

• I'm not sure I follow what you're wanting to do here, @vangen – are you looking to sync only select items to 1Password for Mac? You don't need a 1Password membership to sync, so if I'm on the right track, it sounds like the better choice to ensure things stay updated across your devices would be to set up syncing, rather than attempting manual workaround. This can be done selectively by creating multiple vaults as well, so if you'd like to keep certain items only on your iPhone or only on your Mac, that's an option as well that's going to be a lot smoother than attempting to export/import any time you make a change.

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

I have 2 different vaults because i do not think that i have enough control over the syncoptions in my Iphonevault - so this is not synchronized and therefore different from my macbook (mainvault) Sometimes i want to copy single items created on phone to my macvault. The primitive .txt file option on my phone is only for iphone to iphonesharing. How do i export a single items from iphonevault to macvault

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vangen

How do i export a single items from iphonevault to macvault

With that sort of a setup... I don't believe you can.

i do not think that i have enough control over the syncoptions in my Iphonevault

What sort of control are you looking for? There may be a different workflow that we could suggest here that would accomplish the goals using a different method than what you're currently doing.

Ben

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

Today i made a new vault - (Sharevault)/newpassword that i synced with dropbox. After that i logged in with my Iphone and shared that vault on Iphone. Now i can make items in this "sharevault on Iphone and sync them to my Mac and move and copy and after that delete from my Sharevault" or vice versa as much as i wish - to keep my MAIN vault on mac intact and only synced from time to time on hardwaredisks and free from syncing with an Iphonevault which a few times have given unintended results

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@vangen

Happy to hear you found a way that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.