Is there a table that specifies 1Password versions and their maximum compatible browser versions?

Options
alembic
alembic
Community Member

I want to avoid upgrading Firefox or Safari and then finding out afterwards that the 1Password extension no longer works.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: WLAN Server
Referrer: forum-search:Is there a table that specifies 1Password versions and their maximum compatible browser versions?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alembic!

We don't have such table, but thank you for sharing the idea!

• alembic
    alembic
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, I noticed the availability of 6.8.9 but it does not support macOS 10.12 (Sierra). Is this a typo? I am running 6.8.8 with Sierra.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alembic,

1Password 6 supports everything from macOS 10.10 AKA Yosemite through to 10.14 AKA Mojave. It used to be the minimum version of macOS required for 1Password 7 was Sierra but that was recently bumped up to High Sierra and we forgot to update the download page to reflect the best version of 1Password for Sierra.

It is worth noting that unless something significant changes we do anticipate that Apple will release Safari 13 side by side with macOS Catalina and that Safari 13 will only allow the newer Safari App Extension approach to extensions. That will mean a minimum of 1Password 7.2 for Mac. As it stands we're not aware of any future changes to either Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Vivaldi that will see them become incompatible with 1Password 6 but that's as much as we can say with confidence I'm afraid, just that we're not aware.

• alembic
    alembic
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I'll update to 6.8.9. Sierra is the last macOS I'll be using.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019
    Options

@alembic, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us anytime, we will be happy to help you.

Have a wonderful day! :)

This discussion has been closed.