Possible to auto populate dropdown fields?

Hi team

I know this may be outside the intended purpose, though is is possible to have 1Password automatically fill dropdown fields? I currently use custom labels with values (mapped to the input fields ID) to populate certain websites for convenience. An example being a flight booking page with a frequent flyer programme selection dropdown.

This works great for all textbox fields, although I've never gotten it to work with dropdowns. Is there a supported way to do this (or any workarounds)

Thanks (from a very happy customer)
Sid

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1.15.6
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @sidnz,

So I'd like to start with a request, could we trouble you for a couple of example URLs for us to use when highlighting and testing any potential future improvement. I'm sure I've visited a site or two but for the life of me can't think of them now they'd be useful. After a while of troubleshooting pages they begin to blur a bit.

In terms of things that may help right now though. If the any of the fields on the page are adorned with the 1Password X badge it should be possible to partially set up the page with the core fields prepared and then try saving a brand new Login item. It ought to record the state of even the select fields and hopefully restore them when filling.

If 1Password X isn't adding the 1Password icon to any field then a more convoluted way of setting stuff up would be to briefly use the 1Password companion extension, something you could do as you supplied a version number for 1Password for Windows. If you use Chrome and are already comfortable with Chrome profiles probably the cleanest way of doing things would be to briefly create a new Chrome profile and then install the companion extension which you can find at 1Password extension - Chrome Web Store. Visit the page and set up the core fields as before. Then you can manually save a new Login item, something that is always available with the companion extension. More on how to do this is available at How to save a Login manually in your browser. You could then try filling first with the companion extension just as a check and then return to 1Password X and check to ensure the results are consistent. If all goes well you could then delete the now redundant Chrome profile. If you're not a user of Chrome profiles or you use another browser that doesn't have profiles baked in then I'd recommend temporarily disabling the 1Password X extension, installing the companion extension, complete the task and then uninstall the companion extension before re-enabling 1Password X.

Hopefully that all made sense. If anything wasn't clear or if you're experiencing difficulties please let us know and we'll see what we can do.

This discussion has been closed.