Support issue with 1password on MAC when changing passwords in Safari. Cannot unlock vault.

Options
chenerp
chenerp
Community Member

When using 1password on the MAC and changing a password (say on a website). You then go to save it in 1Password.
You are prompted to unlock 1Password but it will fail to open with the correct credentials.

However can open it fine on the App.
Definitely not a typing issue.

I have two sys admins next to me - Both with Macs - both with identical issue.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Version 7.3.1 (70301008)
OS Version: macOS Mojave - Version 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @chenerp

Thank you for the report. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. I just tried this myself using 1Password 7.3.1 on Mojave and was unable to reproduce the problem here. One thing that may be a factor is if you are using the 1Password X extension in your browser, or the 1Password extension (desktop app required) extension. Could you please check in your browser's settings and see which of those you're using? Please also let me know which version number of the extension you have installed, as well as which browser you're using (and version of the browser).

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you. Thanks!

Ben

• chenerp
    chenerp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben No problem

browser for 1 sys admin --> Safari

Safari - Version 12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1)
    1Password Safari Extension 7.3.1

browser for the other sys admin -->
    Safari
    Version 12.1.1
    1Password 7.3.1 from 1password

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @chenerp,

This is odd. The Safari extension, as it exists today, passes anything UI (User Interface) related, including the unlock screen to the 1Password application. Whenever you unlock 1Password its always that one running copy. It means what you're describing is puzzling and I can only assume we just haven't picked up on some important clue. I think we're going to need to review a diagnostic report so if you're happy for me to do so I'll contact you via the email address you're using here in the support forum and we can look at what we might need to track the issue down. Is that okay?

• chenerp
    chenerp
    Community Member
    Options

Yep thats fine

• chenerp
    chenerp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ive not had a contact - issue with email address?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @chenerp,

Apologies, I didn't see your acknowledgement until just now. I'll get started on that email right away!

This discussion has been closed.