Migration to Family account through ver.7

Options
ferbis53
ferbis53
Community Member

My wife has a standalone 1P and I just upgraded to 1P/7 Family account; I wonder if she can upgrade to 7.3.1, join my Family account and migrate somehow her current vault to my newly created account so she can still use her private vault using her own master password so we could also share certain items trough a shared vault, if so, how can we do this safety.
I asume that my data right now is in iCloud as when I bought the Family account this morning and I accepted to syncronised a migration took place from DropBox; would this be the same case as she accept to join in?
Sorry for all this concerns, but we want to go in the safe side!
Thank you,
Fernando

1Password Version: 6.8.9 and 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ferbis! Welcome to the forum!

My wife has a standalone 1P and I just upgraded to 1P/7 Family account; I wonder if she can upgrade to 7.3.1, join my Family account and migrate somehow her current vault to my newly created account so she can still use her private vault using her own master password so we could also share certain items trough a shared vault, if so, how can we do this safety.

Absolutely, all you need to do is invite her to your account and have her move her data to her 1Password account after she has accepted the invitation :)

I asume that my data right now is in iCloud as when I bought the Family account this morning and I accepted to syncronised a migration took place from DropBox; would this be the same case as she accept to join in?

I am afraid I do not see the connection between iCloud and Dropbox here. If you migrated your data from Dropbox this morning, it means that your data was there, not in iCloud. In any case, no matter where her data is currently stored, she will be able to migrate it to 1Password.com like you did :)

• brucie24
    brucie24
    Community Member
    Options

This is very useful for migrating my son to my new family account. However is there a way of discovering where my 1pwd vault is now stored. It used to be in my Dropbox but I'm unsure where it might be now. I'd like to remove the dropbox files that I can see but don't want to delete all my current data in ignorance...

Many Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi @brucie24

If you're using a 1Password membership then your encrypted data is stored on 1Password.com (as well as being cached on your devices).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.