Cannot log in to 1Password.com invalid master password

2stepbay
2stepbay
Community Member

I don’t have access to my computer, only my iPhone and iPad. I need to add an image to a secure note in 1Password. However, it seems I cannot do this within the IOS app, only via the 1Password site via my 1Password membership (I really don’t understand why something so simple such as adding an image from my Photo Library to the secure note related field is so complicated!).

Of course, it’s even more complicated. When I attempt to log-in to the 1Password web site via IOS Safari, I enter correctly my email address, secret key and master password (which ought to be the same as I use on 1Password app on my Mac computer). However, prompt tells me email, secret key, or master password are incorrect. Three times I have checked the correct entry of the email, secret key (obtained from the IOS 1Password app>account settings) and the master password. Yet each time the incorrect prompt appears. I am at a loss for what to do next. Super frustrated by this process. Help!

1Password Version: 7.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Master password

Comments

• Hi @2stepbay

Could you please check if you have a vault called "Primary" on any of your devices? You can check in the vault switcher at the top left of the app, or in 1Password under Settings > Vaults. Additionally, if you look in the Personal vault, do you see a Login item for 1Password.com? If so that should have the correct Master Password saved on it.

If you have a Primary vault 1Password unlocks with the Master Password of that vault, instead of your 1Password account password. This is why we recommend deleting that vault when migrating to a 1Password account. Instructions on that can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

P.S. Dropbox is not used to sync 1Password membership vaults. It is only used for standalone vaults such as the Primary vault. When set up properly with a membership Dropbox should not be used for 1Password at all.

P.P.S. You can add files as Documents in 1Password for iOS, but you're correct that you cannot setup relationships between items in 1Password for iOS. That may be something we can improve in the future. Instructions: Save important files in 1Password

This discussion has been closed.