Random crashes when using Chrome extension in Mojave

opticalserenity
opticalserenity
Community Member

In addition to the data points below, I'm using Chrome 75.0.3770.142.

I can't find any correlation between when the extension crashes and what site I'm trying to fill a login on, but the extension just crashes sometimes, a lot of the time. In fact I couldn't even login to this site because of it. When it crashes, I can still go to the desktop app and copy and paste passwords.

I've tried a total uninstall of the extension and 1Password.app, including going in and deleting any remnant of 1Password / AgileBits files anywhere on my Mac.

Here is the crash log, since I couldn't attach a PDF, TXT, RTF, or anything else not JPG:

https://gist.github.com/dirtdiver99/23d06e7d321665a7d7d0371dc03de7e4

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @opticalserenity,

We've just released 1Password 7.3.2 for Mac and I think there were improvements in there designed to try and reduce certain crashes. If you're running the version of 1Password obtained directly from us can you try the menu option 1Password 7 > Check for Updates... and it should offer to download and update.

If you're running the Mac App Store then there should be an available update in the Updates tab of the App Store application.

Do you see any improvement in the reliability when running 7.3.2?

• Robert Osborne
    Robert Osborne
    Community Member

I just came here to complain about this (I was seeing a crash on the first autofill after logging in ... every time) and this update seems to have fixed that problem.

• Thanks for the update @Robert Osborne. I'm glad to hear the update helped.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.