Unable to view recent posts in Notifications

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Lounge

Something has happened to Notifications. I lost the ability to keep track of new posts. Brent's reply post isn't showing up in Notifications like it should?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87713/personal-or-private-for-the-first-vault-created#latest

Brent's post on August 7, linked above, post should be above @ag_ana.

I've not checked email but it should be fine.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: I didn't @-mention you there like I did here. You'll probably get a notification for this one. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/518992#Comment_518992

@brenty

Yes I did, thank you. Ana_ag did not mention me and I still got the notification from this forum? Which was why I thought the notification from you went missing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I think that the difference is that in the first case you just posted a comment on someone else's discussion, while in the second case you created a discussion, so in that case you should receive notifications even if there is no direct @-mention.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ana is correct.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Thank you both. I understand. It is clear to me now that only threads started by me will have a notification. I previously thought all discussions and comments I replied to, even if not started by me, would have a notification.

In my years posting here and I have only noticed this recently?

Still, I will accept for ag_ana’s explanation regardless. I think going to mobile and switching to desktop, back and forth, might be a source of confusion .

It is a bit hard to spot replies without being notified. I commented in the Easter Egg thread on Serenity and Duplicity and I did not get a notification. Nice to see a sense of humour from Agilebits.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You can change some of the behaviour in your notification settings, but there aren't a huge number of options. And I can definitely appreciate how switching between different devices can confuse things. Happens to me too. ;)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi

Adding to the confusion, occasionally, is that I am blocked from other discussions seeing me, for being a real busybody! No way out of it here?

This discussion has been closed.