The "sync" tab does not exist when I open "preferences," therefore I am unable to sync with Dropbox

Options
rploague
rploague
Community Member

I am trying to follow the steps on https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/ in order to sync with dropbox on a Mac and/or iOS, but there is no option to "sync" in either of those.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:the "sync" tab does not exist when I open "preferences," therefore I am unable to sync with Dropbox

Comments

• ag_thom
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hey @rploague πŸ‘‹

Thank you for reaching out to us. πŸ˜€I hope you're well. I totally understand how it can be frustrating following a support article and not being able to find the thing you need to continue the steps! Upon a cursory look, I believe that the reason you're not seeing this sync option is because you are still signed into your 1Password Account on your device.

What you'll need to do is create a Standalone (local) Vault, move any items stored into the 'Primary' Vault and then sign out of your 1Password Account and then you'll be able to see the sync option pop up. You can create a Standalone Vault by launching 1Password and going to 1Password 7 > Advanced > Allow creation of standalone vaults.

It's worth noting that you'll need a Standalone Licence to use 1Password 7, too. This is why we feel 1Password Account Membership is useful for most of our awesome customers, as it allows unlimited secure syncing, the ability to use as many devices as you'd like with the latest and greatest version of 1Password plus you have access to your items on 1Password.com. πŸ˜ƒ

I hope that this helps, I'm here if you have any additional questions of course. 😊

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

I thought that a 1Password.com subscription includes standalone vaults without the need for a separate standalone license.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@benfdc:

That is correct.

This discussion has been closed.