Field names changed from version 6 to Subscription

alexisvx
alexisvx
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Mac

Hi.
I upgraded from version 6 on the MAC to the subscription & version 7. I've been going through some of my records and field names for a lot of records have changed.

For example, where I had changed a field name to 'Category' on version 6, it now reads 'Full name' on version 7; I changed a field name to 'Card #' and it reverted to 'Nationality'. This was on a 'passport' record type.

On the 'Bank' record type, fields were also changed and where I had put what currency was for each account (Euro, GBP) these entries are now under 'name on account' so it reads: 'name on account: EURO'

Under 'software' record type, here again, fields they are messed up. There seem to be some random bolded headings.

On the 'identities' record type, I had changed a few fields and these were changed around so they don't make sense.

I only upgraded yesterday so I still have my backups on my local Mac. Is there any way to revert to the correct fields and re-upgrade?

I've been a customer since 2013 and have purchased versions 4, 5 and 6.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:categories

Comments

• Hi @alexisvx

It sounds like in v6 you may have somehow renamed the built-in template fields. It has been a minute since I've looked closely at v6 so I don't recall the specifics, but I can say that is no longer possible in v7. Instead, in v7, we have custom fields available where you can create your own field labels and contents. What I would recommend is, in v7, copy the contents of each of these fields into custom sections/fields:

That way you can have them labeled as you wish and it'll be more compatible going forward.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.