license key

Options
todd_greenwood
todd_greenwood
Community Member

I just loaded my new Mac mini with the 1password app.
It is showing read only.
I bought a license key a few years ago.
I'm assuming to be able to edit, I need to enter the license key.
Where do I enter this data in preferences?
When I go into the "Accounts" under preferences and I try to add an account, it is asking for: sign in address, email address, secret key, master password. This looks like I need a pay by month account. I already bought a license.
I don't see where I can can simply enter in the Licence key.
Please let me know.
thx

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• todd_greenwood
    todd_greenwood
    Community Member
    Options

I had my data in dropbox. I want to move it to icloud. I changed the sync location on my iphone to icloud. All good. I now want to change the sync location on my mac mini. I removed 1Password from my mac mini. I downloaded the 1password software from your website. I then loaded it. It asked me for my 1password. I entered it. It then opened up the program and all of my data was still there..... I'm assuming it is still accessing the data from dropbox. How do I sync it to icloud. I can't seem to find the way to get to the sync area within the 1password software to change it. thx.

• todd_greenwood
    todd_greenwood
    Community Member
    Options

Can I sync my 1Password data to icloud when using a PC (not a mac)? If so, how? By the way, I also have a mac.

thx

• Ben
    Options

Hi @todd_greenwood

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum.

1Password cannot use iCloud to sync with Windows PCs. If you're using 1Password on Windows iCloud is probably not going to be your best choice.

As for the licensing situation, 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Membership would effectively 'kill two birds with one stone' here, as it would allow you to use the latest versions of 1Password on all of your devices, and would take care of the sync situation.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.