Choose Master password to login with

Hi!

Been using 1Password for years and recently upgraded to the membership with 1P 7.

I'm using 1P on al lot of devices, all with just 1 account. Except on my work computer (only used by myself), there I also have a team account added besides my personal account.

Up to 1P 6, I always had to login with my personal master password and could access both accounts. With 1P 7 it worked like that as well, until 1P recently crashed. Since then, my master password was rejected every time and I discovered that I need to login with my work account's master password suddenly.

I went to all the available preferences, but couldn't find any setting regarding the master password to login with.
It would be a nice feature to be able to select which account's master password you want to use to open 1P.. Kinda used to use the same one on all of my devices and hard to break the habit to use a different one on 1 specific device ;-)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChiellieNL: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry for the confusion. The 1Password app unlocks using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup in it. So if you have no local vaults and added your work account first, even if you've added other 1Password membership accounts, the Master Password of the work account will be required to unlock. It sounds like you just set things up differently in 1Password 7 than how you did in 1Password 6. If you've got all your data in your 1Password account(s), all you need to do is reset the app (Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data) and then set it up from the start by first signing into the account whose Master Password you want to unlock the app with. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.