Added 2FA for a site to my iphone, but 2FA doesn't appear in 1password on mac

DXF1
DXF1
Community Member

Hi - I used my iPhone to capture the MFA code for a site and I assumed this would transfer to 1password on my iMac. It's been over 30 minutes for the accounts to sync, but when I open 1 password on my iMac, I still get the message that 2FA is available for the site. Do I have to do an extra step to get the MFA code from my phone to my mac?

1Password Version: Version 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000) 1Passw
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: mac 10.14.6
Sync Type: the default
Referrer: forum-search:Added 2FA for a site to my iphone, but 2FA doesn't appear in 1password on mac

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @DXF1,

The changes should sync pretty much instantly assuming sync is working. Let's start with what kind of syncing you are using, which of the following matches your setup?

1. You have a 1Password account.
    2. You have a standalone vault and and using Dropbox to sync.
    3. You have a standalone vault and and using iCloud to sync.
    4. You have a standalone vault and and using WLAN Sync to sync.

If you have a 1Password account what do you see if you sign into the web interface, does it show the correct details that are present on the iOS device? If we know the server matches the iOS device then whatever is happening must be between the server and 1Password for Mac, if the server doesn't match the iOS device then whatever is happening must between it and the server.

With the other options it won't be as easy to tell as none allow querying the actual sync container but either way learning what kind of vaults you have and the type of sync is the best first step.

This discussion has been closed.