Turnoff Login update

Options

Is it possible to stop 1Password X from prompting an update to a saved Login?

I have a site that uses a combination PIN and OTP for the password. So, I have the site's login setup with my username and PIN.

When I log into the site, 1PX enters my username and PIN, I then enter the OTP manually; however, each time 1PX prompts me to update the account’s login information because of the added OTP. If possible, I would like to turn that feature off.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @steve12! I'm curious if you're using 1Password X or the desktop-dependent 1Password extension. 1Password X wouldn't pop up and ask if you'd like to update your password in that situation, so that's why I'm wondering. If you wouldn't mind sharing the version number of the extension you're using, that'd be great. Thanks!

• steve12
    steve12
    Community Member
    Options

Kaitlyn,
    Thanks for replying. It's 1PX v1.15.6 (see image). Each time I add the OTP, 1PX prompts me to update (save) the changes to 1P (see image).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@steve12 – I see what you're saying! Thanks for sharing the screenshot with me. Do you have to enter the OTP manually each time, or is it something you can set up via 1Password?

To prevent 1Password X from showing the inline menu upon field focus, you can disable the "Show autofill menu on field focus" option in the 1Password X settings page. We don't have a way to disable that menu on a specific site, though, so that'd work across all websites. What you'd be doing is making it so you'd need to click the 1Password X icon inside a field to open the inline menu, but that's one way to get rid of the "Save in 1Password" button that you're referring to.

• steve12
    steve12
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I must enter the OTP manually each time I log into the site. The financial institution uses an authentication app to generate the OTP; however, they do not provide a QR Code and other means to use a different authentication app (e.g., 1P, Authy, etc.). I discussed the OTP with their technical support staff; I wanted to integrate the OTP into 1P but was told that was not possible. Users are limited to their specific authentication app for the OTP and apparently the app only support their 2FA program (or so I'm told).

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hey @steve12 ,
    In addition to Kaitlyn's suggestion, if you do not want to disable 1Password X's "Show autofill menu on field focus" feature, you can simply press ESC whenever 1Password X pops up in irrelevant places. Pressing ESC would remove 1Passsword X's menu and will allow you to work properly without interruptions for that page.

ref: x/b5x#699

This discussion has been closed.