1Password 7 extension doesn't recognize URL

Options

Recently upgraded to 1Password 7 subscription. After few weeks, noticed that v7 extension does not appear to recognize the website URL when I click the 1Password button. In version 6, clicking on the 1Password button would show the matching website URL; in version 7, clicking on the 1Password button shows the list of logins with the very first login in the alphabetically-sorted list highlighted -- not the login that matches the the current website with the login I want to fill. This is disappointing, a loss of functionality. It does not match the description found at https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/#if-you-re-on-another-website The keyboard shortcut (Command-Backslash ()) does work as expected.

What's the fix to get the extension to work as described at https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/#if-you-re-on-another-website

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Brighter454: Can you give me a specific example? I wonder if I'm just not following your description, as 1password definitely shows me Logins matching the current website when I open it here, which is how it's worked going back at least a decade. Let me know and we'll go from there. :)

• Brighter454
    Brighter454
    Community Member
    Options

Any way to send a screen grab? (I would prefer not posting it here.) "A picture is worth a thousand words . . ."

Specific example:
    1. URL: https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin?Target=
    2. Click on 1Password button in browser
    3. The drop-down menu from the button shows a search bar, and the sorted list of logins starting with the very first in my list of many logins; the drop-down also shows Favorites, but does NOT show the "suggestions" matching https://discussions.agilebits.com.
    4. Version 6 would always show the suggested login, version 7 does not

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Brighter454:

I could not reproduce this here: when I am on a website, 1Password is always able to suggest the correct login items for me. I think looking at the screen grab would be useful. Can you please send it to support+forum@agilebits.com?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Brighter454: Yeah email may be best, as any additional details you can give would help a lot. That's simply not my experience here at all:

There's a long list of Logins matching agilebits.com in my 1Password vault(s).
    I'd be curious what options you've changed in 1Password Preferences > Mini.

• Brighter454
    Brighter454
    Community Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

@brenty and @ag_ana -- this is how 1Password 6 worked for me, but 1Password 7 does not. I sent a screen grab image and video to illustrate. Support ID is #GNV-34649-855

My guess is that I will have to uninstall 1Password 7 and perform a new, fresh install . . . if there's an easier way, please suggest

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! We'll continue the conversation via email. :) :+1:

ref: GNV-34649-855

• Dubreuil
    Dubreuil
    Community Member
    Options

J'ai exactement le même problème que Brighter454. L'extension 1Password 6 pour Safari reconnaissait l'url à ouvrir et proposait les identifiants. La version 7 propose par défaut le site dont le nom est en tête dans le classement alphabétique (Abebooks ou Apple ID...).
    Comment implémenter cette fonction dans la V7 comme dans la V6 ?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dubreuil,

When you first access 1Password mini in 1Password 7 what does the drop down menu just below the search field display? The default should be Suggestions but it sounds like it may be starting in All Items for you.

--------- DeepL Translation ---------

Lorsque vous accédez pour la première fois à 1Password mini dans 1Password 7, qu'est-ce que le menu déroulant juste sous le champ de recherche affiche ? La valeur par défaut devrait être Suggestions, mais il semble que cela puisse commencer dans Tous les éléments pour vous.

• Dubreuil
    Dubreuil
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately not Suggestions based on the current url I wish to get into.
    But all items of my safe, sorted alphabetically.
    Annoying and time consuming.
    Help requested.
    Thank you.

• ag_michaelc
    edited August 2019
    Options

@Dubreuil, if you open 1Password and go to the 1Password menu > Preferences > Mini, is Open 1Password to set to All Items? Can you try changing this to Suggestions?

• Dubreuil
    Dubreuil
    Community Member
    Options

Done.
    It works.
    Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update! Glad that reverting the setting helped. :)

This discussion has been closed.