Bug: 1password mixed up amazon.com and amazon.cn sites.

When filling account/password for amazon.com and amazon.cn. 1password mixed up the two domain names

However, amazon.com and amazon.cn use separate account system, the password is not shared between amazon.com and amazon.cn .

Previously @ag_andrew mentioned that "We apply domain transformations (amazon.co.jp -> amazon.com)". ( source ). I think maybe you should remove the transformation of (amazon.cn -> amazon.com).

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6 (18G87)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• xiaoqiao
    xiaoqiao
    Community Member

FYI, I heard that amazon.co.jp and amazon.com also uses separate account systems. But I don't live in Japan and do not visit amazon.co.jp so I'm not 100% sure about the details.

(At least, I cannot log into amazon.co.jp with my Amazon.com account. )

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @xiaoqiao,

I knew about Amazon JP but Amazon CN is a new one so thank you for bringing it to our attention. I've updated the issue relating to to the Amazon associations.

ref: xplatform/security#9

• xiaoqiao
    xiaoqiao
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Hi @littlebobbytables,

It's November now, but it seems the problem hasn't been fixed (at least on mac, version 7.4.1 70401001)

:'(

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.1 (70401001)
    Mac App Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@xiaoqiao:

Thank you for your patience so far. Indeed, we haven't had the time to fix this yet, but please do rest assured that the issue has been filed internally, so we will get to the bottom of this as soon as we can.

This discussion has been closed.