Unable to unlock after deleting one of the linked accounts, until browser restart

I had a teamname.1password.com, my.1password.eu and teamname.1password.eu. Deleted the .com account per account migration (com/eu) instructions and after that, 1passwordx was unable to unlock again until browser had been restarted (or ChromeOS in the other case).
I think it said something like "Unable to unlock, check your internet connection and retry" (sorry for not having exact string).
Same happened both on Firefox 60ESR on Linux and ChromeOS75, 1passwordX 1.15.6 on both.
Android client only got upset and gave me a confusing debug log of the background sync stuff, but didn't fail more than that.

Possible(?) way to reproduce:
Create a few accounts (2?)
Add them to 1pX
Delete one of them (perhaps the main/top one?) through web page while still being signed in (but locked?) in the browser.

Yeah, I should probably have signed out first - but still..

/Tomas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.6
OS Version: Linux&ChromeOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @StricUmu! I don't think you necessarily did anything wrong here – I wouldn't have thought to sign out of my account prior to deleting it because that sounds like extra work. I went ahead and tested it out myself, and I wasn't able to reproduce the same issue you experienced. Here are the steps I took:

1. Add two accounts to 1Password X.
    2. Delete the first account added.

1Password X never locked for me, so I didn't see the "Unable to unlock" error you mentioned. I use the same Master Password across the board for my own 1Password accounts. Perhaps that was the difference between our setups? Let me know!

• StricUmu
    StricUmu
    Community Member

Try locking 1pX as step 1.5, could be that.
    I had same master password between the accounts.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@StricUmu – That was exactly it! Thank you. I guess I was expecting 1Password X to lock once I deleted the account (looking back, I'm not sure why I expected that), but I was able to reproduce the issue after locking manually. I really appreciate you getting this on our radar, and I've passed the report onto our developers so we can work towards figuring out a better way to handle this situation. Thanks again!

ref: x/b5x#1424

This discussion has been closed.