To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password on the go

Options
alistairmck
alistairmck
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Memberships

Hi, I can access all my passwords on my iMac/iPhone/iPad Pro, and syncs seamlessly. I go to various learning centres around my area in Scotland/UK. What’s the best way to access my passwords on the Learning Centre PCs without installing the 1Password app/program on each pc? The way i’m working now is, I email the password or passwords to myself from 1Password app on iPhone and login to pc to email address i’ve sent it to(i’m about 3 mins typing in email passwords) then copy and paste onto websites I want to login to(I have 100+ passwords in 1Password.com

but just wondering if there is a better way of doing this, i’m on a yearly 1Password membership if that help

Thanks in advance

Comments

• J_O_D
    J_O_D
    Community Member
    Options

This is a bit difficult situation, but if I were you, I would probably use the Memorable passwords option for accounts which I would need to log in on the shared PC, then use my iPhone to display the passwords and type it manually. The Memorable passwords option should make the reading and retyping these passwords much more hassle-free, IMO,

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks. :)

We don't recommend accessing any of your accounts, especially 1Password or your email, from a shared/public computer. There is no telling what malware might be lurking, either intentionally or unintentionally. If you have to access an account from such a device then we'd recommend carrying your password for that account with you (either in 1Password or on a mobile device) and then changing the password from your own device as soon as you can afterward.

I realize it can be convenient to not have to carry one of your own devices with you everywhere, but as a security focused company that would be our recommendation.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.