Since updating to 7.3.2, I notice that the mini stops responding randomly.

1password mini works normally. Then at some point, the mini stops responding (clicking it in the menu bar does not bring up passwords nor does the icon in the Chrome browser do anything). I can recover from this by using the mini icon to 'quit 1password completely' and restarting 1password. This is new with either the 7.3.2 update or one before, not sure which. Not sure but I think this also occurs in 10.14.6.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1password account
Referrer: forum-search:mini

Comments

• Hey @aubreyapple 👋 Have you happened to notice if this coincides with a pending Chrome update? This is one of the most common reasons that the 1Password extension might stop responding.

How often are you seeing this happen?

• aubreyapple
    aubreyapple
    Community Member

It is hard to say.:Little Snitch blocks updates to Chrome. The problem happens intermittently but often enough to be very annoying. Sorry for the slow response, the forum does not notify me about responses.

• I'd recommend letting those updates through; Chrome is patched often, and these patches often contain security fixes. I'd still be curious what shows on the update screen at the point of failure.

You can adjust your notification preferences here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/preferences/

The next time you notice an issue, the best thing to do is generate a diagnostic report right away so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#LVV-37637-936]

If you’re reading this and you are not aubreyapple, this Support ID is for aubreyapple only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: LVV-37637-936

• aubreyapple
    aubreyapple
    Community Member

Data sent yesterday per request.

• Thanks, Aubrey! I replied over email, so let's continue the conversation there moving forward. :)

This discussion has been closed.