To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Deleted an old account. Can't login with new one.

dkaplan74
dkaplan74
Community Member

I deleted an older account to start fresh. It worked on my iPhone and iPad Pro. But on my MacBook Pro it is blocking me. I try to put in the new password for the new account and it keeps saying it is wrong. I am thinking it is still connected to my old account. How do I start over or access my new one?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dkaplan74!

You can reset 1Password for Mac and then connect your new account to the app. I've got just the instructions for you, but first please ensure that you won't lose any data in the process: make sure nothing is stored only in the 1Password app on your Mac and that you can access everything by signing in to your account on the web (typically from start.1password.com/signin).

Once you determine that all your data is safely stored in your account/on another device, you can reset 1Password for Mac:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. From the menu bar, choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the onscreen instructions.

The next time you open 1Password, you’ll see the option to sign in to your account.

Let me know if I can help more!

Cheers,
    Henry

• dkaplan74
    dkaplan74
    Community Member

Thank you!!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Henry, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• lyndadiane
    lyndadiane
    Community Member

I tried this, reset my Password Data, went into the next screen where it asks for your Master Password, and it continues to not accept any of my historic passwords. How can just start over? !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lyndadiane:

I see that you opened a separate discussion, so I will get back to you over there so we keep everything in one place.

This discussion has been closed.