Getting started, dealing with cruft, 86 'learner databases'

msadesign
msadesign
Community Member

I'm using the Mac's Keychain [KC]; it's not horrible, but it is time for me to move on. I'm an architect and writer. I will be using 1P on my MBP, and once, stabilized on my iPhone 6. And then with my wife. One step at a time.

There's a lot of help on this site, so if I missed it, a link to the answer would be most appreciated.

I originally downloaded 1P more than a year ago. In the time since then, I've made some attempts to make the move, but got distracted for one reason or another. I finally have the time. Questions:

1. Because of my messy experimenting with 1P, I want to start over, completely. How do I fully remove any and ALL 'learner databases' or records that might have been generated by 1P?
  2. I see automated ways to import data from other managers. But one of my chief complains with KC is failure to remove updated passwords, resulting in a huge history of very marginal utility which I do NOT want in 1P. Is it better to make new passwords as I need them? With Safari, this can be quite a few.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: not sure yet

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @msadesign!

Because of my messy experimenting with 1P, I want to start over, completely. How do I fully remove any and ALL 'learner databases' or records that might have been generated by 1P?

You can start over in the app, and if you created a 1Password account back in the day, you can delete the account too.

Once you have done this, you can sign up for a new account and add it to your 1Password app.

I see automated ways to import data from other managers. But one of my chief complains with KC is failure to remove updated passwords, resulting in a huge history of very marginal utility which I do NOT want in 1P. Is it better to make new passwords as I need them? With Safari, this can be quite a few.

I am not sure I understood your question entirely. Can you please clarify a little bit?

This discussion has been closed.