Valid credentials rejected by "Sign in to another account" in 1Password 7 on Mac.

jhalperin
jhalperin
Community Member

My wife is able to get in to our family account on my.1password.com with her Emergency Kit and her master password. However, when she tries to use the "Sign in to another account..." feature in 1Password 7 on MacOS with a printout of the same Emergency Kit printout, it tells her the username or password is incorrect.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Credentials don't work in "Sign in to another account" in 1Password 7 on Mac

Comments

• jhalperin
    jhalperin
    Community Member

Sync Type = Primary vault with Folder

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jhalperin!

Can you please try with a fresh copy of the Emergency Kit? If she is able to login to her account on 1Password.com, she can download a new copy from there.

Please let us know what happens then :)

• jhalperin
    jhalperin
    Community Member

Hi, @ag_ana!

Thanks for the tip about trying with a fresh copy of the Emergency Kit. We tried "Sign in to another account..." with the new Emergency Kit. The 1Password application responded with "1Password Account Cannot Be Added: You cannot add two accounts from the same Family or Team."

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jhalperin:

Thank you for the additional information. It sounds like the login information might be correct then. You just cannot add two account from the same 1Password Families Membership to the same 1Password app.

Is this by chance the same 1Password app where you have added your own 1Password account too?

• jhalperin
    jhalperin
    Community Member

Hi, @ag_ana -

Thanks for the information about the impossibility of having multiple accounts from the same Families Membership in the same app. This helped us get the situation fixed.

We completely uninstalled 1Password and all of its data, after confirming that the Primary vault didn't contain any passwords, and that the Shared and Private vaults didn't have any passwords which weren't in the family account. Then we reinstalled 1Password 7 from the agilebits site, and connected it to my wife's confirmed account.

It turns out the previous 1Password app had been connected to an earlier account for my wife, not the account which was added and confirmed through the e-mail and the administrator account for the family. I think we had run into some confusion when creating the initial accounts. We didn't know that the users had to receive and confirm the e-mail messages, and that the administrator had to then confirm the user accounts.

Thanks again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @jhalperin! I am happy to hear everything is sorted out now :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.