Basic user. Many questions. 1. Why does my 1password account entry have a different password

Otterisbest
Otterisbest
Community Member

in the "all items" vs "logins" categories? Also, strangely, these passwords seem to keep changing. And, when and how is the 1password account info supposed to be used? The passwords differ from my master password... 2. I can't seem to get the amount of time that 1password stays open to increase from 10 minutes. I change it to 60 minutes, but the change doesn't save (and I don't see a "save" button). 3. Sorry to ask this, but what is the difference between 1passwordX and the extension? And, they seem to keep installing and uninstalling themselves. I know how stupid this sounds. I use Windows, a Chromebook, and an Android phone. 4. I've turned off the google auto complete feature, but something is still auto completing my log ins and messing me up. Can you suggest what that might be? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password account discrepancies

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Otterisbest: Thanks for getting in touch! I think this is your question, split between the title and body of your post, but let me know if I'm misunderstanding:

1. Why does my 1password account entry have a different password [...] in the "all items" vs "logins" categories?

It depends on how you have set things up, as far as when you created your account, and then what you've saved in the app.

Also, strangely, these passwords seem to keep changing.

I don't know what you mean. Can you clarify?

And, when and how is the 1password account info supposed to be used?

With a 1Password membership, you sign in to the account on each device to access your data, since that allows you to use all the apps, and get all of the updates:

https://support.1password.com/why-membership/

The passwords differ from my master password...

You should definitely use a unique password for everything -- e.g. the Master Password for your 1Password account should not be a password you use for, say, your email, your bank, etc.: these should all be different so that one being compromised does not affect the others.

1. I can't seem to get the amount of time that 1password stays open to increase from 10 minutes. I change it to 60 minutes, but the change doesn't save (and I don't see a "save" button).

What are you using (OS, browser, and 1Password versions), and where are you changing the setting?

1. Sorry to ask this, but what is the difference between 1passwordX and the extension?

1Password X is an extension that runs entirely in the browser, so that people who cannot install our apps can still use 1Password (i.e. Linux, Chromebooks, restricted work computers).

The 1Password desktop app/extension combination allows 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac to integrate with the browser.

And, they seem to keep installing and uninstalling themselves. I know how stupid this sounds. I use Windows, a Chromebook, and an Android phone.

If your browser is syncing extensions, that can happen. You can always get the 1Password extension from here though:

https://1password.com/downloads/#browsers

1. I've turned off the google auto complete feature, but something is still auto completing my log ins and messing me up. Can you suggest what that might be? Thank you.

Definitely make sure you have it disabled completely:

https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

Otherwise it could be other software/extensions on your device doing that. To be clear, 1Password will never fill anything unless you tell it to. So it won't happen spontaneously when you visit a webpage -- from 1Password anyway -- which sounds like what's happening in your case. Let me know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.