Autofill problem on lwn.net

nigelm
nigelm
Community Member
edited September 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

The main login page on LWN - https://lwn.net/Login/ - has the user/pass fields twice (once from the banner which tends to appear whenever you are not logged in, and once on the main body of the page).

For the last few versions of 1Password this page has suffered from the password being filled into one form, and the username being filled into the other one. Which doesn't work well for either....

I've tried resaving the password entry for the site, but its quite definite that it wants to fill the components into different forms!

Nigel.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.16
Sync Type: iCloud/1PW account

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member

Hi @nigelm,

You can try to press "Command+\" in either of the slots after the page loads and that should work :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nigelm!

Thank you for reporting this. @Yulka1355 is correct that clicking on one field first, and then filling with 1Password works properly, but I managed to reproduce this issue when you try to fill with 1Password without clicking on a form field first.

So I have opened an internal issue for our developers to look at, let's see if there is anything we can do to make 1Password work on that website ;)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#696

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nigelm:

I wanted to send you an update to let you know that our developers have had the chance to look at this website recently, and they have made a change that should help 1Password fill here too. I have just tested it and 1Password can now fill this login form :+1:

This discussion has been closed.