Getting Authentication Error even though I am logged in.

dugnap
dugnap
Community Member

I am using the Firefox extension on Mac. When I first access 1Password, I log in. Upon being logged in, I then get the Authentication Error (as described elsewhere in the forum). I enter the same password and it goes away. Happens every time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Authentication Error

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dugnap! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please give us some more information about your system?

• 1Password Version
    • 1PasswordExtension Version
    • OS Version
    • Sync Type
    • Exact Authentication Error message that you are seeing

Thank you!

• dugnap
    dugnap
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. I'd like to add, that I have just tested and I receive the same error without using the browser extension. Also, I do not have to supply the password the second time. I can hit not now and everything works fine.
    To answer your questions:

1Password Version - 1Password 7 
    1PasswordExtension Version - Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
    OS Version - 10.12.6
    Sync Type - I don't know what you mean by this.
    Exact Authentication Error message that you are seeing

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the information @dugnap.

I have just tested and I receive the same error without using the browser extension.

Thank you for this. For completeness: the browser extension is not connected to this, since the error message is coming from the 1Password Mac app, and relates to your 1Password Membership, so you can disregard the extension for now.

Your sync method is also 1Password.com, by the way, since you have a 1Password Membership. Have you recently changed your Master Password or Secret Key for this account?

• dugnap
    dugnap
    Community Member

No, I haven’t changed either, but I have been thinking about changing my master password. Assuming this gets resolved, will changing my master password cause this problem again?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dugnap:

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• dugnap
    dugnap
    Community Member

I sent the diagnostic report. here is the ID in the subject of the reply [#PBE-33276-888]

• Thanks @dugnap. I see Lars has been in touch with you via email to troubleshoot this further. Let's continue the conversation there. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.