One email for multiple teams

KeeeeiZ
KeeeeiZ
Community Member

I just registered my trial 1password account and could not wait to try out the functions. But I encountered some problem while registering on web(But I received an email informing me about my email and sign in web url which contains my team's name). Then I directly opened the app on mac and repeated the registration receiving another email containing similar contents: the same email address but different web url(because the registration on app didn't ask me for my team's name). I am wondering what just happened: do I have two accounts binding to the same email? or do I have one account but the account is attached to two teams?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KeeeeiZ! Welcome to the forum!

I am wondering what just happened: do I have two accounts binding to the same email?

From what you wrote, it sounds like you might have indeed created two accounts. Did you do the signup flow twice, getting two Secret Keys and choosing two Master Passwords? If so, you created two accounts.

• KeeeeiZ
    KeeeeiZ
    Community Member

I received two emails informing me about my account and my team email.Indeed, I did the signup flow twice, but I didn't got my secret key for my first account and I am not able to sign in it. I am wondering whether I can destroy it.

• KeeeeiZ
    KeeeeiZ
    Community Member

I tried to login to https://start.1password.com/support/accounts and it says there is only 1 account binding to my email. I am getting confused here. Could it the first registration failed?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KeeeeiZ:

It sounds more likely that you never logged in to your first account: if you got two email confirmations, it means that two accounts were created. No worries though, you can definitely delete the first account even if you cannot access it.

If you are having issues with this, just let us know and we will help you with the deletion via email.

This discussion has been closed.