Why cancel the manual password generator in the browser plugin? This makes it impossible for me to g

Options

Why did you cancel the password generator in the new version of Google Plugin? I need to generate the password manually, instead of registering my account, I am your member, I am very disgusted by the poor experience of your version iteration!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ad_chen! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: MAY-19952-494

• ad_chen
    ad_chen
    Community Member
    Options

ok

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• ad_chen
    ad_chen
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm so foolish. I haven't found this button until now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019
    Options

Glad you found it! :)

In case it helps anyone else, 1Password X has Suggested Password right in the inline menu:

And you can also use the full password generator from the "+" in the toolbar menu if you need to customize the password that is generated:

Cheers! :)

• slate
    slate
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana and brenty, I had posted a few times with frustration with finding a password generator. Eureka, it is in the "plus" button! I had never clicked on the plus button and had not seen that it was there! Thank you!

I think because your software works so well at auto-detecting when it is time to make a new logon, I never need to use the plus button. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@slate: I'm sorry for the difficulty in the first place, but glad that helped. You make a really good point: if you've been using 1Password all along for the most part by just having it save login credentials for you as you go, you probably haven't used the "+" much or at all. We'll keep evaluating things we can do to make it even easier to use. :)

• slate
    slate
    Community Member
    Options

I hope the feedback helps! Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Absolutely! It's good to hear and discuss different perspectives. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.