Upgrading - Cannot select opvault

Rayto
Rayto
Community Member

I just downloaded and installed 1P v7 for Mac. I am currently running 1P 6.8.9 using Dropbox as my 1P opvault location. Everything has been working fine. I would like to continue with this approach. I am logged into Dropbox. I have yet to purchase 1Password v7.

In setting up 1P v7, I come to a "Welcome to 1Password" window asking me to "Start my trial" "Used 1Password before?". I select "Sync using Dropbox". Next window asks me to select my "1Password data file from Dropbox. The file name will end in "opvault"." I choose my home directory>Dropbox>Apps>1password>1password.opvault. And nothing happens. No Continue button, no error message, nothing at all.

Tried this multiple times. What does it take to use 1Password v7 with my 1Pv6 opvault?

I have yet to purchase 1Pv7. Is this the issue? Not too keen on buying before I know it works. This push to subscription and the somewhat disingenuous manner 1Password has dealt with purchasing a license has made me quite wary of 1P software these days.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rayto!

I choose my home directory>Dropbox>Apps>1password>1password.opvault. And nothing happens. No Continue button, no error message, nothing at all.

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see at this point in the process?

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana,

I decided to download a fresh copy just in case I got a broken download the first time. Does not look like that was the case.

Here's every screen from after fresh install on a system that has never has 1Pv7 on it (a clone) to where I get stuck. On the 4th jpeg, I select my opvault and click "Open" it brings me to the last jpeg. I have no idea what to do at that point. All I can do is go around in circles.

Am I missing something really simple?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2019

Hi @Rayto,

Click on the 1password.opvault file in the bottom screenshot and then click Open (in the bottom right of that window). :) That should do it.

Ben

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member

Did you read what I wrote? Nothing happens when I do that. Nothing. I've tried about a dozen times, the app is totally unresponsive. No spinners, no activity, as I said, nothing.

I've tried with 2 different downloads of the install file.

• I see, @Rayto. Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for some other button besides "Open." I've now re-read the entire exchange here and I think I have a better grasp of the situation.

Could you please tell me where you downloaded 1Password 7 from? Our website, or the Mac App Store? The latter requires a 1Password membership.

Ben

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member

Downloaded v7 from the 1P site. I purchased 1P v6 on the Mac App Store. To my knowledge, I do not have a 1P membership.

• @Rayto,

I'm very sorry for the continued trouble. We would very much like to get to the bottom of this for you, as it is not working the way we would expect it to. At this point we haven't been able to reproduce the issue you're experiencing on our end. To get a better idea of what may be going wrong with your particular setup I'd like you to re-create the issue, note the time when you click the 'Open' button, and then send us a diagnostic report.

Please see these instructions for creating the report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107025/upgrading-cannot-select-opvault#latest
    • Your forum username: Rayto

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#GYZ-11151-797]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

Thank you! I see that my colleagues have been helping you over email already, so let's continue the conversation over there :)

This discussion has been closed.